Get the care you need, when you need it
Know where to go
Your health care needs don’t always follow a schedule. Learn where to go when you or your family needs care, no matter what time or day it is.
When you’re sick or hurt, always call your primary care provider (PCP) first (unless it’s an emergency). Even if you call after hours, someone from the office should be on call and able to help.
Your PCP is listed on your member ID card and in your online profile.Get PCP's phone number
- Get to know you and your health history
- Work with you to find specialists and medicines when needed
If you haven’t seen your PCP before, call and make a new patient appointment as soon as you can. It’s a good idea to see your doctor when you’re well, so they can better treat you when you aren’t.
Change your PCP anytime
- Find a PCP in your plan with our Find a Doctor search tool.
- Once you know the name of the PCP you want, write it down.
- Use our online tool or call Member Services at 1-800-300-8181 (TTY 711) to change your PCP. MLTC members, call 1-800-950-7679 (TTY 711).
1-800-300-8181 (TTY 711)
Health issues can come up when you least expect them. Our toll-free 24/7 NurseLine lets you talk with a registered nurse whenever you have health questions or need medical advice — day or night, holidays and weekends. Our nurses are here to:
- Advise you on where to go when you need care
- Help you with any health questions you have
- Give you advice about caring for your baby or child
If you are a Managed Long-Term Care (MLTC) member, please call the MLTC 24/7 NurseLine at 1-800-950-7679 (TTY 711).
An urgent medical condition is when care is needed for a sudden illness, injury, or condition that is not an emergency but needs to be treated right away.
You may need urgent care if you have:
- Minor burns
- A very sore throat
- An injury from a fall
- Frequent vomiting
- A cut that’s deep enough to need stitches
- A fever over 101 degrees Fahrenheit
- Muscle sprains or strains
If you need urgent care
1. During normal clinic hours, call your primary care provider (PCP).
Their number is listed in your online profile.
2. After hours and on weekends, visit an urgent care center.
Find an urgent care center near you
Use our Find a Doctor search tool
Emergencies are times when there could be serious danger or damage to your health if you don’t get medical care right away. If you need emergency care, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room (ER).
Go to the ER if you:
- Have chest pains
- Have trouble breathing
- Are bleeding badly
- Are pregnant and have signs of harm to yourself or your baby like pain, bleeding, fever or vomiting
- Feel like you might hurt yourself or someone else
After an ER or urgent care visit
Call your PCP as soon as you can after you visit the ER or urgent care center. Your PCP can help with your follow-up care. Their number is listed in your online profile.
Not sure if it’s an emergency?
Call our 24/7 NurseLine. Our nurses can tell you whether you need emergency care or help you find an urgent care center.
LiveHealth Online allows you to visit a doctor through live video chat on your computer, tablet or smartphone. It’s an easy way to get care for you or your family at any time, day or night, without leaving your home.
As an Empire member, you can use LiveHealth Online at no cost to you.
Sign up today so you can:
- See a doctor in minutes: Use LiveHealth Online to get help when you have a common health problem like a cold, the flu, fever, pink eye, sore throat, sinus infection and more!
- Get prescriptions sent to your pharmacy, if needed.*
- Make an appointment with a Spanish speaking doctor: Speak to a doctor in your own language seven days a week through Cuidado Médico on LiveHealth Online.
It’s easy to get started. Sign up for free on the LiveHealth Online website or download the app:
*Prescription availability is defined by physician judgment.
LiveHealth Online is the trade name of Health Management Corporation, a separate company providing telehealth services on behalf of Empire.